Infertility means not be able to conceive. It is common in men and women both. Infertility can be due to several factors. Some of the risk factors in women which can cause infertility are mentioned below.
1. Age – Age plays a significant role in this matter. The younger the woman is, the higher her chances are of getting pregnant. Menopause age in women varies from 40 to 50. There are cases in which women get pregnant at the age of 60+ so it basically depends on a lot of factors.
2. Smoking – Smoking kills and smoking also prevents getting pregnant. Excessive smoking is injurious to health and it causes infertility in women as well as men. If a woman smokes during pregnancy, there is a chance of miscarriage. Passive smoking is also injurious for conceiving women.
3. Alcohol – It reduces a woman’s chances of pregnancy and also effects fertility in men.
4. Body weight – Being obese or overweight can cause infertility for men and women both.
5. Eating disorders – Eating less or eating a lot both are problems for women who wants to conceive. They should have a normal healthy diet.
6. Unhealthy diet – Folic acid, iron, zinc and vitamin B 12 are necessary for a woman of child bearing age. If a woman is not consuming them then she is at high risk of infertility.
7. Infections – Sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia damage the fallopian tubes which can be a cause of infertility.
8. Chemicals – Exposure to certain chemicals can be reason of infertility in men and women both. Pesticides, herbicides, lead and solvents are some chemicals that effect fertility in both genders.
9. Mental health – Bad mental health can prevent a woman from getting pregnant. Stress, anxiety, depression and other mental issues effects the mood and physical activity of the body of male and female both and hence effects ovulation and sperm production in female and male respectively.
These are some of the factors that affect fertility in males and females but they can be prevented if people take good care of themselves. Some people do not know the reason as to why they can’t conceive the baby so it is important to visit a doctor. There are so many infertility clinics in Dubai which not only cure the problems of infertility but also advice couples on such issues. You can also check here to book an appointment at the best infertility clinic in Dubai.